- Coaching is a collaborative relationship between a certified coach and a client designed to grow your full potential. Just as athletes wouldn’t consider training without the added insight, objective perspective, and support of an athletic coach, many of today’s most successful leaders, professionals, executives, entrepreneurs, and corporate professionals depend upon the skills of a coach to move their lives, careers, and businesses to the next level.
- If there is a gap between where you are now and where you want to be, there is room for life coaching. Not only will your coach help you close the gap, your coach will help you break through your assumptions, interpretations, and limiting beliefs, challenging you to think bigger.
- A coach will hold you accountable, using a strengths-focus to unlock your potential.
- A coaching session is results-oriented, challenging you to achieve outer goals while also undergoing internal transformation.
- Your coach will help you to create strategies & action plans that ask you to accomplish more than you could do on your own.
- Your coach will provide tools, encouragement, and guidance, allowing you to produce more results than before.
“Part consultant, part motivational speaker, part therapist and part rent-a-friend, coaches work with managers, entrepreneurs, and just plain folks, helping them define and achieve their goals—career, personal, or most often, both.” —Newsweek
- Accountability. Regularly scheduled calls or meetings prompt clients to get more done than they would if left to their own devices. Clients take bigger actions, set bigger goals, and think bigger when they work with a professional coach.
- Expertise. The trained coach knows how to help you discover the right goals for you and structure your personal and professional life to achieve greater productivity with less effort. You’ll achieve more in less time with the input of an ICF certified coach on your side.
- Delivery. A well-trained coach knows how to use the right questions so that you are internally motivated. It doesn’t take browbeating or nagging when you are working with a skilled coach. Coaching typically works best with a weekly call so clients have time to integrate new ways of thinking and take action each week towards their goals. The work usually happens between the sessions. The experience can be challenging and is almost always uplifting.
- Speed. Most people find that things start to happen very quickly after hiring a life coach.
"Coaches have the ability to view things from a distance —in what some call ‘the 10,000 ft viewpoint’—and to shed new light on difficult situations. Often they act as a sounding board through tough decisions, help sharpen skills, and motivate.” —CFO Magazine
Unlike many consultants who propose a solution and leave you to implement it, the coach stays with you to help you integrate the changes, new skills, and goals to make sure they really happen. This is one reason why coaching is so effective; it is one thing to have the information and quite another to actually make the change! Understanding alone doesn’t help you achieve your goal.
Coaching is not therapy. Coaches don’t work on past-based issues or traumas except as background for your present life. Coaches are not psychologists or psychotherapists. If you start the process of coaching, and have not resolved a past issue, then you may be referred to work with a licensed therapist to resolve the issue. It is very common for unresolved traumas to stop us from getting what we want in our lives. Coaches focus on the present and the client’s goals for the future. We help people move forward and set personal and professional goals that will give them the life they really want. Most coaching clients are healthy, successful people who are stuck or simply want to make a big change in their lives and want the support of their own personal coach to do so.
Your Best Friend
A best friend or two or three is wonderful to have. But is your best friend an objective professional whom you can trust to advise you on the most important aspects of your life or business? They only see things through the prism of their own lives and are not trained to see your life as independent from theirs. Other times, our friends can’t tell us the truth as much as they would like to because they don’t want to risk losing the friendship. A good coach is never afraid to tell you the truth if it means moving you closer to your goals.
- At the conclusion of each session you will receive electronic homework to complete prior to the next session.
- When we connect for our session, we will debrief on the work you did from your homework the week prior.
- You will set the agenda by sharing what goal you would like to meet that session and I will coach you towards reaching that goal.